Saturday, April 2, 2011

One woman's Drama is another woman's Karma

Yesterday morning was one of those days that are smooth as silk.  The kids were all chilled, I felt refreshed and the day to day activities were nothing short of sweet bliss.  On days like these I feel confident to venture off and complete the afternoon with a trip to the beach and playground.

My intention was to take some afternoon tea, get the kids settled in play, watch the sun go down over the bay and kick back with a Travel Guide, dreaming of our next family holiday... 


energiafitness.com 


The water was glistening with a gentle breeze floating up to kiss my cheeks.  The smell of the ocean was interspersed with the heady scent of coconut.  A nearby sunbather was lavishly applying the oil, reawakening memories of our visits to the South Pacific.  And the laughter of the children in their fantasy pirate world was a faint echo in my zen like existence... 

Oh how quickly things can change!!

learner.org
Have you ever had one of those days when life seems too perfect to be true and then all of a sudden, from out of nowhere something picks you up, tips you upside down and shakes any last remaining hope that your life is on the up out of you?  I am exaggerating of course, but at the time I was thinking "wtf's happening!!!"  You see, for the past three months my little family and I have had drama after drama the likes we have never seen.  Without sounding too pessimistic.. Today was another tally mark on the tree...

Seraphina - "Mum, Wade has a nose bleed!!"

Ok.  That's not a first so I was curious why the haste in her voice. I closed my book and walked toward the playground... Yes, Wade did have a nose bleed but he also had a massive Frankinstein like swelling and bruise on his forehead.  "Oh @#$% I thought - why??"  Wade is in his 11th year and was crying publicly so I figured I better get my Mum/Paramedic hat on and fast.  After sitting him down in the shade, my next port of call was to inform Lani (our teenager) who was hiding out in the car reading the latest teen novel by Stephanie Meyer of "Twilight" fame.  In my calm but Mum's serious voice I said..

"Lani, Wade has hit his head and has a nose bleed.  I need you to get out of the car and stay with him and the girls so I can go and get some napkins from the shop.  Lock up the car and bring the keys with you...Please".

Lani - "Yeah, but why do I have to get out of the car?"  In which I ever so gracefully replied..

fashionplate-hungryforstyle.blogspot.com

"GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!"

and I guess that's the main part of the performance she heard as she did get out of the car and she did lock it but.. she also successfully left the keys in the car.. with my handbag.. and my phone.. and our house keys..

I couldn't help but wonder.. for the millionth time.. "Is something trying to tell me something??"  I mean, I understand how one can perceive to be having a run of "bad luck" and I totally get the "Wheel of Life" principles but I couldn't for the life of me shift from this feeling of  doom and gloom and "What have I done to deserve this" mentality.

So during all this faith questioning, I was also in Mum mode, leaving my four children in the playground by the bay, on dusk, while I crossed the busiest road in the city to get to the only place I knew.  And know it well, as we lived there for next to two months in a tent while trying to get a rental property to call home.  It was 6.10pm and I knew they shut religiously at 6pm so I wasn't even sure that there would be anybody to help.. I needed to ring RACQ for road assistance, much to my embarrassment, as it was probably the fourth time since December.  I was also fretting at the thought of asking for help at the van park because we always felt like they were "helping us out" totally disregarding the fact that we were paying them over $400 a week for a patch of grass and hot showers.  Well, it was a nice patch of grass :)  Anyway, there I go again... always worried about what others will think of me.. too scared to ask for help when I need it.  Maybe that is what this post should be about.  My need to recognise that I am worthy of assistance?  Always.. 


ar.wikipedia.org


I managed to get into the office and the lady who was always unpleasant to deal with, still was, but she made the call for me and help was on the way.  **Gosh I really need to wrap this one up I know ;)**

But to completely paint the picture I need to tell you that this particular lady did the wrong thing by us at the end of our stay.  We didn't mind so much at the time because we were just so happy to be out of a tent and into a home.  We let it go..

So, as I waited for the locksmith to come, my children were safe and I contemplated the events of the day.


I came to the conclusion that not everything we experience as misfortune is actually so.  I discovered that my dilemma was an opportunity for someone else to make right of their past actions and for me to forgive and accept help when I needed it.


A very long post..  But I kinda think that's how I roll. :)

Much Love xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh man... hugs my friend...
    I hope Wade is ok & that everything starts to improve for you all. What a terrible day... again!
    You are a very wise Soul my dear & things will get better ~ you're a beautiful person & it has to xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Wade is aok - and thanks mate.. you're not too shabby yourself xx

    ReplyDelete