Friday, November 8, 2013

Bubba Banksy - Spreading Her Wings

It's a merry thing watching your children develop their interests so passionately.

Seraphina is blossoming into quite the little artist which is no surprise to me as she is always singing and drawing something. Yesterday she ran to me and said "Mummy, come and see my street art!"

 

We have a very similar nature Seraphina and I. Both Librans, both lovers of all things beautiful and a past that runs oh so deep. If there is ever a child that triggers and stirs my very existence, it is Sera. x

Some of our similarities....

* Our emotional sensitivitity can be wild and foreboding, causing physical anxiety to varying degrees and at times, disconnection from our loved ones and each other.

* We both possess intense acuity to the ethers and the world around us, which has graciously inspired a longing to be of service and the desire to contribute much healing in the world.

* One of our most avid traits is a never ending quest to discover the truth and to actively participate in helping others to find their own truth. Even if it ruffles a few feathers ;)

So... Those who know and love us well, understand the challenges within our relationship that have presented themselves so meticulously since being reunited 8 years ago at her birth.

I am slowly piecing together our story and beginning to see and feel the blessings and lessons amidst the storms. It has taken me a while, but I finally feel like I am closer to connecting the dots on my parenting journey with Sera than I have ever been before.

 

There are many avenues for healing ourselves and this week I have remembered how powerful it can be to immerse yourself in art.

Not only is ART (which I like to imagine stands for Actively Remembering Truth) a gentle way to express and release painful experiences but it has the remarkable ability to instantly reconnect you to the infinite source of creativity that resides within each and every one of us, which is ultimately the universal love and creation of life itself!

Just like meditation, creative pursuits can lead you back to your core essence so that you may free yourself from limiting beliefs and self sabotaging behaviour. Art, in all it's forms, enables you the space to regroup and redefine the person you dream to be and to manifest the life you desire.

 

It is my endeavour to continue bringing more art and creativity into my life and here is how I hope to do this.

1. Create a sacred space within my home where I can retreat to daily to play with a creative project.

2. Spend time in quiet interlude, free from distractions, to develop my art.

3. Be more involved with my local art community and participate in classes and workshops.

4. Introduce more artistic and cultural experiences into our family life and play time together.

5. Switch off the TV and listen to music.

6. Spend more time in nature with pencils or camera.

7. Travel

8. Sleep, regenerate, dream......

9. Affirm "There IS enough time in the day!" and

10. Let go of the idea of perfection to allay procrastination. :)

 

So, to my dear Sweet Seraphina girl, thank you for once again opening my eyes to what is important in my life and for helping me to remember the things that bring me most joy. I Love You eternally xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment